Excel not enough available memory or disk space available
Excel can sometimes throw to following error to you:
Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk space.
To make more memory available, close workbooks or programs you no longer need. To free disk space, delete files you no longer need from the disk you are saving to.
Weird thing is that it doesn’t matter how fast your Computer / Notebook is. We did recently upgrade our machines to Core i5 / 8GB Memory and some users still get this error message. Below instructions does fix this in most circumstances:
1. Go to Run -> dcomcnfg (for 64 bit: dcomcnfg -32)
2. Click Component Services -> Computers -> My Computer -> DCOM Config
3. Right-click on “Microsoft Excel Application” and select “Properties”
4. On the “Identity” tab select “The interactive user.”
5. Click “Apply” to save the settings. Restart Microsoft Excel and the issue is resolved
Notes: Some people advice to also give “ASP.net” Read/Write permissions. You can do this on the “Security” tab. In my case this was not needed in order to fix the issue.