Install .NET Framwork 3.5 on a Windows 8.1 machine
When you try to install .NET Framework 3.5(1) on a Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 machine 3 errors might occur:
Error code: 0x800F0906
This error code occurs because the computer cannot download the required files from Windows Update.
Error code: 0x800F081F
This error code can occur when an alternative installation source is specified and one of the following conditions is true:
– The location that is specified by the path does not contain the files that are required to install the feature.
– The user who tries to install the feature does not have at least READ access to the location and to the files.
– The set of installation files is corrupted, incomplete, or invalid for the version of Windows that you are running.
Error code: 0x800F0907
This error code occurs if an alternative installation source is not specified or is invalid and if the Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair Group Policy setting is configured to “Never attempt to download payload from Windows Update.”
Rgarding the following Microsoft support document there are alot of fixes available. The best fix in my opinion is to use an local resource and install .NET Framework via the command line:
1. Copy \sources\sxs\ from the mounted operating system build ISO image to dotnet35 or similar folder. For example:xcopy e:\sources\sxs\*.* c:\dotnet35 /s
2. Execute this command line using admin privileges:Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:c:\dotnet35 /LimitAccess
3. This will run anywhere from 1 munite to 4 minutes. Once it returns you to the DOS prompt, you’re done. Close the DOS window:
4. Go to Control Panel, then go to Programs and Features, then go to Turn Windows Features On or Off. Veryfiy that “.NET Framwork 3.5” is on: